The annual Vision 2030 Awards honour the achievements and share the success stories of organisations, enterprises and individuals that actively demonstrate alignment to the South African government’s Nine-Point Plan to boost economic growth and achieve the milestones set by the National Development Plan (NDP).
The event, officially opened by Dondo Mogajane Director-General of National Treasury, the Vision 2030 gala ceremony announced the 2018 winners on 21 June at Emperors Palace, Ekurhuleni, South Africa.
With contributors from every sector, the nation’s platform for addressing the NDP saw private sectors, public sectors and civil society organisations join hands in building a national community working to drive economic acceleration and transformation.
Leading by example, the winners, showcased through their Awards, inspire their peers and all stakeholders nationwide to pledge commitment to the NDP, not in words alone but in actions that move the nation forward.
VISION 2030 WINNERS
- ICT AWARD – T-Systems South Africa
- ENERGY AWARD – FFS Refiners
- INDUSTRIAL ACTION PLAN AWARD- Aerosud
- SMME AWARD – Fibon Energy
- EDUCATION AWARD – Edit Microsystems
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AWARD – NTP Radioisotopes
- INFRASTRUCTURE AWARD – Maragela Consulting Engineers
- AGRICULTURE AWARD – Woolworths Holdings
- HEALTHCARE AWARD – Cipla Foundation
- DRIVER FOR CHANGE AWARD – Marianna Dipiloane Phutsisi – Motheo Tvet College
The Vision 2030 Awards encourages the realisation of the NDP through national collaboration and recognises key figures that actively expand progress and make headway in achieving the NDP.
This year’s Vision 2030 Conference, opened by Tshediso Matona, Head of Secretariat at The National Planning Commission of South Africa, featured high-level contributors from across the country, offering an opportunity for thought leaders, businesses and active citizens to gather, exchange knowledge and take decisive action in their own sphere of influence to achieve the goals of the NDP.