Standard Bank Group, Africa’s largest bank by assets and earnings, won 10 prestigious awards that validate its client-centric focus as well as its capabilities and expertise across an extensive network. The awards were announced at the annual SIBOS conference currently underway in Dubai.
Two of the accolades were presented to Standard Bank at the EMEA Finance Magazine awards ceremony for Treasury Services, and an additional eight at the Global Finance Magazine awards ceremony for Global Finance Transaction Processing.
The two EMEA Finance’s Treasury Services Awards 2013 are:
- Best treasury services in Africa
- Best transactional bank for financial institutions in Africa
The EMEA awards are in their fourth year of existence and Standard Bank has been acknowledged in each consecutive year. According to the EMEA Finance these awards recognise those banks “whose ingenuity, innovation, and investments in cash management, FX and other treasury services are making life easier for their corporate clients in a changing financial world”.
The Global Finance Magazine awards for Global Finance Transaction Processing were adjudicated against specific criteria such as volume, market share and customer service. Standard Bank Group was chosen by the Global Finance editorial team along with input from expert sources.
The awards are:
- Best Trade Finance Provider in Africa
- Best Trade Finance Bank in South Africa
- Best Overall Bank for Treasury & Cash Management in Africa
- Best Bank for Payments & Collections in Africa
- Best Foreign Exchange Provider in Africa
- Best Sub-Custodian in Nigeria (Stanbic IBTC)
- Best FX Provider in Botswana, Nigeria, Zambia (Stanbic IBTC) and South Africa
- Best Provider of Money Market Funds in Africa
Acknowledging all 10 awards, Standard Bank’s Head of Transactional Products and Services, Africa, Hasan Khan said, “We are delighted to receive these awards from such prestigious publications as EMEA Finance and Global Finance. They provide further affirmation of Standard Bank’s client-centric strategy and continued investment in transaction banking in Africa.
“With Standard Bank’s extensive network, in-depth knowledge of the African markets and broad product range, Standard Bank is uniquely placed to partner clients wanting to do business in Africa.”