FreshStop, one of the largest and fastest growing convenience store retail brand in South Africa, has launched a Rewards App that enables customers to earn cash back simply by shopping at one of its more than 300 FreshStop at Caltex stores located around South Africa.
The new FreshStop Rewards App actually means customers get cash back into their bank accounts when they purchase items at a FreshStop store; and it’s so easy to use. Customers merely need to:
- Download the FreshStop Rewards App (it’s free)
- Reserve their shopping items as advertised on the Fresh Deals page
- Use the Store Locator feature to find your nearest FreshStop at Caltex store
- Once in-store, view your reserved shopping items on your Basket page
- Purchase your shopping items and capture your till slip via the App using your phone’s camera and click submit
- The cash rewards you earn will be reflected in your Rewards Wallet – the more you shop the more cash rewards you earn
- You can request your cash back via the App and it will be paid directly into your bank account.
According to Joe Boyle, Director at FreshStop, customers are looking for technologies that will enhance their shopping experience. “Convenience stores in the US are already offering shoppers mobile apps that offer customers digital rewards, fuel discounts and mobile payments; and Artificial Intelligence (AI) has started shaping the shopping experience through the building of smart shopping baskets for customers.
“Everyone is promoting loyalty programmes but these programmes need to be simplified. As the first forecourt convenience retail brand in the country to launch a rewards programme, we are engaging with our customers by offering them great products at great prices resulting in them getting cash back in their pockets. They will also be among the first to get to know about our special promotions and take advantage of them. We know it’s not price alone that keeps customers loyal. Simplicity, recognition and a smile are still the best incentives,” says Boyle.