The BBQ Awards 2017 were hosted at Emperors Palace, Johannesburg, South Africa on the 20th October 2017.
The BBQ Awards attract the best black business elite group in South Africa.
The BBQ Awards recognises and rewards excellence in black business across all industries and enterprises, ranging from distinguished leaders to rising stars, the creatively talented to innovative and impactful entrepreneurs.
2017 BBQ Awards Individual winners
BIG TIME STRATEGIC GROUP PLATINUM AWARD
· Felleng Yende ( CEO of FP&M SETA)
COMAIR OUTSTANDING WOMAN IN BUSINESS AWARD
· Fatima Vawda (Founder and Managing Director of 27four Investment Managers)
EMPERORS PALACE COMMUNITY BUILDER OF THE YEAR AWARD
· Lindiwe Matlali (Founder and CEO of Africa Teen Geeks)
HENNESSY BUSINESSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD
· Calvin Mathibeli (CEO of Calvin and Family Group)
IQHAWE MENTORSHIP AWARD
· Felleng Yende (CEO of FP&M SETA)
KIA YOUNG BUSINESS ACHIEVER AWARD
· Emmanuel Bonoko (Founder of Ebonoko Foundation)
LEDWABA MAZWAI ATTORNEYS PUBLIC SECTOR VISIONARY AWARD
· Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng
2017 BBQ Awards Company winners
CSI UBUNTU AWARD
· Youth Leadership and Entrepreneurship Development
KAYA FM TRANSFORMATION CHAMPION OF THE YEAR AWARD
· Coega Development Corporation
LTE HOLDINGS BEST ESTABLISHED BLACK BUSINESS AWARD
· Travel with Flair
THE INNOVATION HUB NEW AND INNOVATIVE BUSINESS AWARD
TOPWATCH BEST EMPLOYER OF THEY YEAR AWARD
· Buna Projects and Consulting
The awards include 13 categories open to individuals, black-owned and empowered companies and organisations within South Africa, which include Best Established SMME, Outstanding Woman in Business, the Young Business Achiever Award and Community Builder of the Year Award.