Innovative start-up enterprises from global South take centre stage at SEED Awards.
A second press conference will follow on the 2013 SEED Awards, which spotlight ground-breaking, green start-up enterprises in areas ranging from product innovation to social media to clean energy production.
The 2013 SEED Awards will place a special focus on Africa, with 20 awards being made to enterprises in Ethiopia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda.
An awards ceremony and cocktail reception will follow at 6:30 CAT in the Auditorium.
What: SEED Awards press conference
When: Thursday, 31 October, 5:30 – 6:30 CAT
– Achim Steiner, UN Under-Secretary-General and UNEP Executive Director
– Helen Marquard, Executive Director, SEED Initiative
– 2010 SEED Winner from Kenya, Lorna Rutto
– 2013 SEED Winner from India
– 2013 SEED Winner from Peru
To find out more about the Expo, please visit: http://www.southsouthexpo.org/